My name is Kat. I am 30 years old, a mother of three beautiful kids, a CNA, a full time student hoping to get in to nursing, and I am FAT. I am frustrated with fat. Too many diet plans are formed by people who have never been fat or who used their plan to lose 20 lbs. and think we are all lucky to have their wisdom. Doctors like to blame everything on our fat. Even if I get the flu and go to the doctor he tells me, "if you would lose weight you would feel so much better." If everyone's health problems are caused by obesity, then why don't health insurance companies pay for our gym memberships? I agree that as a society we have become ... FAT. In our economic times, when every penny counts, how are we supposed to buy health food? I am not wealthy by any means. I don't have a chef. I don't have a gym membership. I can't afford healthier food, but maybe I CAN make changes with what I currently have. I don't need a gym to workout. I don't need a chef to make healthy food, and I don't need anyone telling me I can't do something. I decided to do this blog to help hold me accountable to myself and if it helps anyone else out there GREAT!
My long term goal is to lose 150 lbs, whether it takes one year or two, I'll keep going till its gone. My short term goals are to lose about 3-5 lbs every week. Some weeks might be more and some might be less.
Starting tomorrow, I will be walking one mile with running sprints for as long as I can handle it in between walking. I'm hoping I can end up running about half of the mile. I am planning on doing workouts 5 days a week and taking off saturday and sunday to keep me sane.
For my diet, I am planning on adding a small breakfast because right now I really only eat one meal per day, so I need to give my metabolism a kick start. I will be doing my own food journal and recommend you do the same. I am amazed at how much just having to write something down helps me pay more attention to what I am putting in my mouth. I am also planning on using a smaller plate at meals to help cut down on my portion size.
My starting weight is: 310 lbs.
My waist is: 52 inches
My height: 5 ft 2 inches I hope that doesn't change ;)
I will be posting a small post everyday just to tell you how I'm doing and hope to do one larger post on the weekend to share my thoughts on the week. Good Luck!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment